Multi-processor and Frequency Scaling
Submitted by admin on Mon, 2006-09-04 01:09
This paper will explore a multi-processor implementation of frequency management, using an AMD Opteron processor 4-way server as a test vehicle. Topics will include:
- the benefits of doing this, and why server customers are asking for this,
- the hardware, for case of the AMD Opteron processor,
- the various software components that make this work,
- the issues that arise, and
- some areas of exploration for follow on work.